Hello everyone! Thanks to those who came out to here Dr. Jim Weir. We will be taking a medical school trip to WCU so be sure to sign up for that. We also have some community service lined up in the next couple of weeks.
Next Meeting: Nov. 11
Peer-to-Peer interactive meeting. BRING YOUR QUESTIONS!!!
Medical School Trip: Friday, Oct 28!!!
- William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Must have attended 2 stadium cleanups
- If you would like to go, contact Caleb: email@example.com
Come and support!!!
Volunteer Day: Oct 29
- Safe Haven in Columbus, MS
- 8 am - 12 pm
- Friday Oct 21 by Palmeiro Center
- Help bag sweet potatoes
- 8-11 am
Why become a physician?
- work with and help people
- prestigious profession
- high income
- high demand
- high-end technology
- They are fully qualified physicians licensed to perform surgery and prescribe medicine
- Emphasized musculoskeletal system
- Osteopathic Manipulation Therapy
- Practice a "whole person" approach to medicine (treat a person, not a disease)
- Preventative health care!
- Work right along side MDs (equivalent degrees)
- Four years of basic medical education and can specialize
- How well you follow the WCU-COM Mission
- Academics/Credentials (average GPA 3.4-3.5, however how you got that GPA matters)
- Letters of Recommendations (two science faculty and one from a physician)
- Personality Traits (ethics, professionalism, motivation...)
- ACCOMAS Primary Application, Secondary Application, Interview, and Decision!
- New state-of-the-art facility
- Small class size ~100
- Exceptional faculty
- Teaching is the first priority
- Unique curriculum
- Average faculty member has over 25 years of medical teaching
- 1 year, non-thesis MS
- take courses with medical students
- does NOT replace MCAT
- contact Dr. Bob Bateman or www.wmcarey.edu/COM/MBS
Dr. Weir: firstname.lastname@example.org